Associations and foundations
At your side to face the challenges of an economy for social and solidarity issues
A major player in the French economy
The 1,300,000 associations operating in France employ 1,853,000 employees, which represents an annual payroll of 39 billion (Source ACOSS-URSSAF 2016).
In the social and solidarity economy, non-profit entities play a vital role in the involvement of citizens who wish, whether as volunteers or not, to join forces to best meet social utility needs. Hence the creation of 73,000 associations within a single year (2016-2017), the majority of which operate with the help of some 13 million volunteers in France.
Faced with wide-ranging implications, may they be charitable, humanitarian, cultural, promotion of great causes, defence of professional interests, training, ... the sector manages the constraints of financing and demonstrates its capacity to introduce criteria for rigorous management while stimulating social innovation.
Entities in their own right with their specificities
Diverse by their object, these entities can take many forms in each of the most well-known categories: Foundations, Associations, Endowment Funds, Congregations.
Some choose to look for resources by public appeal to donations.
They must meet the same requirements as a company in terms of organization, monitoring and management with specific strength in the areas of administrative and financial management, taxation and social matters, which require expertise, organization and adapted tools.
Major issues in financial matters
In the non-profit sector, associations today face major challenges:
- Developing and securing their financial resources in a constantly changing economic and fiscal context,
- Ensuring their credibility vis-à-vis of donors by implementing procedures that ensure real financial transparency,
- Improving the management of their resources, through effective management and efficient internal processes,
- Complying with major regulatory changes (financing modalities, taxation, justification of the use of funds, etc.).
Nexia S&A, a wide range of services and dedicated teams
Nexia S&A is one of the French Audit & Consulting firms widely involved in the associative world. Present alongside more than 130 associations for many years, it has offered a wide range of services, based on real experience, with dedicated teams.
- Nexia S&A is the external auditor of numerous Associations, Foundations, Endowment funds in various activities, social-medical, health, humanitarian or cultural sectors ..., with or without a public call for donations (APG).
- We also act as independent auditors to validate the use of funds allocated by donors.
Annual accounts, payroll and social management
- In the position of chartered accountants, we establish the combined accounts and the Resource Utilization Account (APG). In particular, we control the specificities of the social-medical and health sector and ensure that the accounts are reviewed.
- Handling of payroll and social and tax forms.
We accompany you on specific topics with high stakes for your organization:
- Analysis of your procedures for monitoring the use of allocated resources (tracking dedicated funds) and setting up new accounting or management procedures,
- Review of your tax receipt issuance procedures,
- Reliability of multi-year budgetary approaches, budget controls and forecasts,
- Review of your procedures for drawing up the Annual Resource Utilization Account (REC),
- Participation in the evolution of the financial communication of your entity, through the annual accounts or the reporting to the benefit of financing third-parties,
- Audit of your IT environment: recommendations and support,
- GDPR (Data Protection): Implementation or audit of your processes concerning the protection of personal data.